Take ownership of strategy and business development projects, covering corporate and event strategy, business planning, brand strategy, new business opportunities, and special projects, working closely with ICS Network directors, management team members, and functions. Manage end-to-end delivery of projects, including cross-functional project management supported by robust results tracking. Support the ICS Network board in preparing board and steering committee materials and collaborate with Superstruct and its other operating businesses to support growth ambitions and synergy realization.
- Use considerable judgment to solve complex, ambiguous business problems, bringing structure and quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Conduct deep-drive analysis on critical “needle-moving” topics and commercial initiatives across, e.g., production, ticketing, food & beverage, brand partnerships, merchandise, travel, and digital
- Build robust businesses cases supported by financial and operational assumptions
- Benchmark performance and identify areas of improvement
- Provide actionable recommendations based on a robust fact base and supporting analysis, considering financial impact and ease of implementation – present findings and drive execution of key initiatives
- Identify operational efficiency improvements and propose improvement actions
- Lead research and analysis of market developments and trends – monitor market and competitor landscape and key drivers in core and adjacent geographies and sectors
- Take business development and project efficiency and effectiveness to the next level, supported by best-in-class planning, governance, tracking, and reporting against KPIs to drive delivery
- Proactively involve key stakeholders and effectively challenge the quality of input/data
- Act as a sparring partner to ICS Network directors and management team members by evaluating proposals and providing recommendations on the best course of action
ICS Network, the holding company behind the organizers of the world-famous Wacken Open Air (W:O:A), is looking for a new addition to its team. Reporting to the CFO / COO, the Strategy & Business Development Manager will work closely with the directors and management team to help define the company's strategic direction and oversee the delivery of priority projects. This is a role with high visibility, direct ownership, and accountability.
ICS Network is part of Superstruct Entertainment, a leading live entertainment platform that owns and operates events and music festivals in Europe and Australia. In addition to ICS, Superstruct Entertainment’s partnerships include leading operators and festivals such as ID&T, Parookaville, Zwarte Cross, Sziget, Sonar, elrow, Boardmasters, Øya, Resurrection Fest, Tuska, and many more.
As the Strategy & Business Development Manager, you will be part of the ICS Network team based in Wacken. Besides your day-to-day interactions with the ICS Network management team, you will also work closely with the functions' senior members and Superstruct. This role will suit an individual with experience working in a fast-paced environment with a track record of execution and teamwork. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future of ICS Network and Wacken Open Air, developing a holistic and deep understanding of all business aspects and quickly expanding the strategic and operational skillset.
Wacken Open Air was started by Holger Hübner and Thomas Jensen as a single-day event in 1990 and has grown into the world’s largest heavy metal festival, with around 360,000 attendees over four days. The festival each year attracts heavy metal fans from all over the world who make the pilgrimage to celebrate their favorite bands and community. Wacken Open Air combines the heritage of the biggest metal festival in the world and the advantages of a strong brand with the ambition for continuous innovation and improvement and overall industry leadership.
In addition to Wacken Open Air, ICS Network is also active in artist management, tour bookings, ticketing, publishing, and merchandise. The company also produces and hosts various live entertainment events, including tours and cruises.
We, the ICS Group, are the promotor of the world-famous Wacken Open Air (W:O:A), where more than 70,000 heavy metal fans from all over the world gather every year, to celebrate their favorite bands. In addition to the W:O:A we produce and host a variety of live entertainment events from live tours to entertainment cruises with our various companies.
Would you like to be part of this? We are looking forward to receiving your application!